We are looking for a motivated Garage Door Technician to join our company. As our Technician, you will be responsible for the installation of residential and custom garage doors. Technicians will travel to various service calls throughout the day. Each day will be different, as our company provides service as well as new installations. You will be interacting with customers daily throughout our service areas.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be organized, efficient, and have practical problem-solving skills. You will interact with our customers daily, and having patient and respectful behavior is a must as you represent our Garage Door company.
Garage Door Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble mechanical components or machine parts
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Must be able to give accurate information to Order replacement springs, sections, or slats
- Repair or replace worn or broken door parts using hand tools
- Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair
- Remove parts or components from equipment.
- Install hardware or other interior fixtures
- Fabricate parts or components
- Run wiring to connect equipment
- Lubricate equipment to allow proper functioning
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure its functioning properly
- Document operational activities
- Collect payments for good or services
Garage Door Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalently
- Physically able to move items weighing 50-75 pounds
- Able to bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc., for extended periods.
- At least one year of professional garage door experience or similar trait
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays with short or no notice and overnight stays
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure and add and subtract fractions